Artificial Intelligence (AI) has captivated the world with its endless possibilities. In this review, we delve into “Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem Solving” by George F. Luger, a seminal work in the AI field. This article uncovers the book’s significance, its contents, and the insights it offers to those seeking a comprehensive understanding of AI and its problem-solving techniques.
Name of the book: “Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem Solving”
Format available: The book is available in various formats, including hardcover, paperback, and e-book, catering to diverse reading preferences.
Author: George F. Luger, a prominent figure in the field of artificial intelligence and computer science, authored this influential work.
Language Available In: The book is primarily available in English, making it accessible to a global audience.
Number of Pages: Spanning approximately 796 pages, this book offers an extensive exploration of AI concepts and strategies.
Book’s Significance: “Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem Solving” is highly significant in the realm of artificial intelligence education and research. It serves as a foundational resource for students, educators, and practitioners, providing a comprehensive overview of AI principles, problem-solving techniques, and applications.
Genre: This book belongs to the genres of Non-fiction, Computer Science, and Artificial Intelligence.
ISBN: The ISBN for the book may vary depending on the edition, so it’s advisable to check the specific edition for the accurate ISBN.
Publisher: The book has been published by Pearson, though different editions may have different publishers.
Publishing Date: The book was first published in 2008 and has since been an essential reference in the Artificial Intelligence field.
Average Rating: The book has received consistently positive ratings, typically ranging from 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5 on various platforms and book review websites.
“Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem Solving” provides a comprehensive introduction to the principles and techniques of artificial intelligence. It covers a wide range of Artificial Intelligence topics, from problem-solving and knowledge representation to machine learning and robotics. The book combines theoretical insights with practical examples, making it suitable for both beginners and those with prior Artificial Intelligence knowledge.
3 Major Learnings
1. AI Problem Solving: The book teaches readers various problem-solving techniques used in Artificial Intelligence, including search algorithms, game playing, and constraint satisfaction.
2. Knowledge Representation: It explores different methods of representing and manipulating knowledge in Artificial Intelligence systems, such as semantic networks and predicate logic.
3. Machine Learning and Robotics: The book provides insights into machine learning algorithms and robotics, including neural networks and autonomous agent design.
3 Famous Paragraphs
1. “Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the branch of computer science that is concerned with the automation of intelligent behavior. It is the behavior of a machine, with some capacity to adapt to its environment and pursue goals, that one would regard as intelligent if a human were so behaving.”
2. “One of the central concepts in Artificial Intelligence is the notion of an agent, which is anything that can be viewed as perceiving its environment through sensors and acting upon that environment through actuators.”
3. “Artificial Intelligence is a hybrid field, drawing on concepts and methods from cognitive psychology, linguistics, computer science, and engineering, among others. Thus, the field is interdisciplinary in nature.”
3 Hidden Facts
1. George F. Luger has a strong background in both Artificial Intelligence and education, which is reflected in the book’s approachable and pedagogical style.
2. The book not only focuses on theoretical concepts but also includes practical exercises and case studies to reinforce learning.
3. It has been widely adopted as a textbook in Artificial Intelligence courses at universities and colleges around the world, contributing to the education of future Artificial Intelligence professionals.
3 Books to Similar Works in the Same Genre
1. “Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach” by Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig
2. “Artificial Intelligence: A Systems Approach” by Michael Negnevitsky
3. “Artificial Intelligence: Foundations of Computational Agents” by David L. Poole and Alan K. Mackworth
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this book suitable for beginners in AI?
Yes, the book is accessible to beginners and provides a solid foundation in Artificial Intelligence principles and techniques.
Does the book include practical exercises and examples?
Yes, it includes practical exercises and examples to help readers apply Artificial Intelligence concepts in real-world scenarios.
Is this book focused solely on theory, or does it also discuss real-world applications of Artificial Intelligence?
It combines theoretical concepts with discussions of real-world Artificial Intelligence applications, making it relevant for both academic and practical purposes.
You can purchase “Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem Solving” by George F. Luger from various online retailers, including Amazon. Please check the availability and pricing for the specific edition you’re interested in.
“The Carrot Principle: How the Best Managers Use Recognition to Engage Their People, Retain Talent, and Accelerate Performance” by Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton